300 words about myself

 

Dear Professor Brad,

My name is Benedict Cham, and I am writing this email to introduce more about myself. I am a first year Mechanical Engineering student at SIT and I am taking your class on critical thinking and communicating. I have a diploma in Mechanical Engineering after studying from 2017 to 2020 at Ngee Ann Polytechnic.

I took an interest in engineering after having watched engineering videos on youtube, such as the hacksmith, when I was in secondary school. Another part might be due to the fact that both my father and brother have a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Technology has always fascinated me as it is able to do so much. Engineers are able to make life better by improving the things we use daily and also able to create things that are fun for everyone. I want to create things as well be it for fun or for the improvement of our daily life.

A few hobbies that I have includes playing video games, watching shows and reading comics. I alternate between these few so that I do not get bored of any of my hobbies at any time.

After listening to your classes, I realised that communication skills are very important to engineers as well as having technical skills. I have difficulty sometimes speaking to a big group of people, but I do try my best to project myself. My goal for this module is to further improve on my English, refining my speaking skills and writing skills. This would allow me to be confident in the way I talk and present myself to other people so that I would be able to leave a good impression on my future colleagues, bosses and stakeholders. I also want to be able to write proper emails and write up proposals that would be effective in the workspace and not cause trouble.

Best regards,

Benedict Cham

Edited 19 September 


Read Yu Han and Elise post

Comments

  1. Dear Benedict,

    Thanks for the detailed letter. I appreciate the content aligned with the brief, fairly clear organziation. It's always interesting to me when a child elects to follow in the professional footsteps of a parent.

    There are some issues with language use. You need to review your over-use of capital letters and review this sentence:
    -- After listening to your classes, having communication skills are very important to engineers as well as having technical skills. > (Who is listening?)

    I look forward to reading more of your writing this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Benedict, thank you for sharing your interests and about yourself to us. Information is clear and concise. However, I feel that you could add a little more details to your hobbies such as the games you play or the shows you highly recommend and maybe just elaborate a little more on your communication skill strengths and weaknesses.
    There is a small mistake in the sentence "My goal for this module is the further improve on my English", it should be "is to further", rather than "is the further".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts