Unit 1, Task 5.2 How do you see communication and critical thinking impacting your future role as a leader in the workplace.

 After reading the article, I believe that good communication and critical thinking in a professional setting is very important as small misunderstandings could even lead to losses of over 37billion dollars as stated. In the workplace there will come a time when I would need to be a leader and I would need to be accountable for my actions and actions of my team so good communication and critical thinking is key. According to a whitepaper from the Project Management Institute's Pulse research, out of 1billion spent on a project, 75million would be at risk of waste due to ineffective communications. Hence as a leader, I would strive for my colleagues and I to be able to think critically and have effective communication. This in turn would prevent unnecessary losses and not cause harm to the company or stakeholders.

Comments

Popular Posts